Cloud Penetration Testing Challenges
- Misconfigurations: Cloud services require proper configuration to ensure data security. Misconfigurations can expose sensitive information and create opportunities for unauthorized access if not detected and remediated.
- Shared Responsibility Model: Cloud service providers operate on a shared responsibility model, where they secure the underlying infrastructure, but clients are responsible for securing their own data and applications. Understanding and implementing the right security measures can be challenging for organizations.
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) Challenges: Effective IAM is crucial to control access to cloud resources. Poorly managed access controls can lead to data exposure, unauthorized access, and potential data breaches.
- Compliance and Regulatory Requirements: Cloud-stored data often falls under various regulatory frameworks (e.g., GDPR, HIPAA), which demand adherence to strict data security standards. Ensuring compliance with these requirements is essential for businesses.
- Cloud Service Integrations: Organizations may utilize multiple cloud service providers or integrate on-premises systems with cloud solutions. Securing these integrations requires a comprehensive understanding of potential risks.
- Insider Threats: Cloud infrastructure may be accessed and managed by various employees and third-party vendors, increasing the risk of insider threats and data misuse.
AI AEGIS LAB
Cloud Penetration Testing services
Cloud Penetration Test offers comprehensive services to protect your cloud infrastructure.
Cloud Penetration Testing Methodology
1- Planning & Discovery
2- Scanning & Identification
Reporting & Remediation
Cloud Security Simplified
While timelines can vary based on the complexity of your network infrastructure, an average network penetration testing service with AI AEGIS Lab takes between three and five weeks. We deliver a detailed report within one week from concluding the testing phase.
Phase 1 'Presales'
1-2 Days :
Evaluation: scope of work, cost, start Date, duration
Outcome: Signed Contract
Phase 2 'Predelivery'
1 Week :
Evaluation: External Network, roles, credentials, accesses, etc.
Outcome: Validated and confirmed gathering form.
Phase 3 'Execution'
1-3 Weeks :
Evaluation: executed attacks as stated by scope and rules of engagement.
Outcome: pentest report delivery meeting.
Phase 4 'Post Delivery'
Up to 1 Month:
Evaluation: retest of fixed vulnerabilities.
Outcome: remediation report, letter of attestation and AI AEGIS Lab security certificate.
Phase 5 'Review'
Cloud Penetration Testing helps identify vulnerabilities in your cloud environments that could lead to data breaches, service disruption, and compliance issues. By simulating real-world cyber-attacks, our security experts ensure your cloud infrastructure is robust and secure against potential threats.
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) controls and policies
- Network security, including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) configurations
- Storage security and data encryption
- Web application security within the cloud environment
- API security for cloud-based applications
- Container and serverless security
- Logging and monitoring for suspicious activities